Holy explosion of taste! There’s just something about sweet relish that is special. But there’s something about homemade sweet relish that is even more special.
Well, maybe I should call this a (semi)homemade relish…because it calls for sweet pickles and I didn’t can it or make it completely from scratch. But the relish isn’t out of a prepared relish jar, so…
(Semi) homemade maybe fits better. I suppose.
You’ll get all the sweet relish flavor with a fresh, fresh, fresh twist!
Grill the hot dogs, grill the buns…douse in this (semi)homemade relish and enjoy!
Hot Dogs with Homemade Relish
Yield – 4 servings, 2 hot dogs each
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 cups sweet gerkhins pickles, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 whole wheat hot dog buns
- Fresh fruit, as side dish
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the diced bell pepper, chopped onion and chopped pickles. Add about 3 Tbsp of the juice from the pickle jar and let it soak while you get the hot dogs cook.
- Heat the grill.
- Grill the hot dogs and buns until warmed through and lightly toasted.
- Drain the juices off the relish and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add relish onto each hot dog.
- Serve Grilled Hot Dogs with Homemade Sweet Relish and fresh fruit.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Grilling Recipe Supplies:
- Grill Friendly Vegetable Basket
- Cuisinart Stainless-Steel Grill Tool Set
- 6 Skewer Kebab Set
- 6 Flexible Grilling Skewers (these are my favorite skewers!)
- Heavy Duty NonStick Grill Mat (set of 2)
- Weber Rapidfire Chimney Starter (eliminates need for lighter fluid)
See all of our 31 Days of Grilling Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes