These delicious babies are the grilled version of ‘crash potatoes’ – or smashed red potatoes that are roasted in the oven. And they are ridiculously delicious…and another great ‘starchy side dish’ to make when you’re making your entire meal on the grill this summer!
Just a word of caution, most crashed potatoes are completely crushed and crashed…because they are baked on a baking sheet. If you completely crush these red potatoes before grilling them, you’ll end up with little potato pieces falling through the grill grates. You want to just press down on them lightly to open them up and then grill them. (After you’ve doused them in your favorite grill seasoning mix, of course.)
Also, a quick note, you do need to boil them for a few brief minutes to get them to the point where you can crush them and then grill them.
The end result…phenomenal potatoes for your next cookout!
Pin all of our 31 Days of Grilling Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Grilling Recipe Supplies:
- Grill Friendly Vegetable Basket
- Cuisinart Stainless-Steel Grill Tool Set
- 6 Skewer Kebab Set
- 6 Flexible Grilling Skewers (these are my favorite skewers!)
- Heavy Duty NonStick Grill Mat (set of 2)
- Weber Rapidfire Chimney Starter (eliminates need for lighter fluid)
See all of our 31 Days of Grilling Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes