Now this is how to enjoy a fish taco.
The lemon juice soaks into the fish before it is grilled. Then the smoky flavor from the grill infuses into the fish with the lemon. Then you warm the corn tortillas on the grill. Then you make the tacos and load each one with a fresh coleslaw with a hint of dill. And if you’re feeling crazy, you can toss on a little shredded mozzarella cheese at the end for a little cheesy punch.
Divine. Simple and divine. Here’s the recipe…
- 1 1/4 lb white fish, like cod or tilapia
- 2 lemons, juiced, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 10 oz bag coleslaw mix
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 corn tortillas
- Shredded mozzarella cheese optional garnish
- Fresh fruit side dish
- Place the fish filet(s) in a shallow dish and squeeze the juice from 1 lemon over the fish. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Grill the fish until cooked through, about 6 minutes on each side. Grilling time may vary depending on thickness of the fish filets and heat of the grill. If desired, grill the corn tortillas for about a minute each to warm them up and give them some grill marks.
- While the fish is grilling, mix up the coleslaw in a large mixing bowl. Add the coleslaw mix to the bowl.
- In a small resealable container, add the olive oil, vinegar and juice from 1 lemon with the dill and a little salt and pepper. Shake vigorously and then pour over the coleslaw mix and toss well. Give it a taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Once the fish is cooked, slice it into pieces that will fit into the taco. Add a few bites of fish to each corn tortilla and top with coleslaw.
- Serve Grilled Fish Tacos with Coleslaw, optional mozzarella cheese garnish, and some fresh fruit.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Grilling Recipe Supplies:
- Grill Friendly Vegetable Basket
- Cuisinart Stainless-Steel Grill Tool Set
- 6 Skewer Kebab Set
- 6 Flexible Grilling Skewers (these are my favorite skewers!)
- Heavy Duty NonStick Grill Mat (set of 2)
- Weber Rapidfire Chimney Starter (eliminates need for lighter fluid)
See all of our 31 Days of Grilling Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes