If you need a reason to buy a basil plant, homemade pesto is reason enough.
Homemade pesto, fresh chopped basil garnish, fresh chopped basil added to marinara or fresh tomato sauce. Dropped into soups and mixed into casseroles in the fall.
This is the perfect taste of summer ~
Grilled chicken, topped with a fresh herbalicious homemade pesto sauce. Mmmmmm…
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup Vinaigrette dressing as marinade
- Seasoning salt
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, packed
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh fruit side dish
- Dinner rolls or grilled garlic bread side dish
- *Marinate the chicken breasts in your favorite vinaigrette dressing for at least an hour. Grill chicken breasts for 7 to 9 minutes on each side. Season with seasoning salt. Grilling time may vary depending on thickness of the chicken breast and heat on the grill.
- While the chicken is grilling, make the pesto in a small food processor. Add the spinach leaves, basil leaves, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic cloves and olive oil to the food processor and puree. Stream in a little more olive oil if you want a thinner pesto.
- Prepare fruit and bread.
- Serve Grilled Chicken topped with Homemade Spinach Pesto with side of fruit and bread.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Grilling Recipe Supplies:
- Grill Friendly Vegetable Basket
- Cuisinart Stainless-Steel Grill Tool Set
- 6 Skewer Kebab Set
- 6 Flexible Grilling Skewers (these are my favorite skewers!)
- Heavy Duty NonStick Grill Mat (set of 2)
- Weber Rapidfire Chimney Starter (eliminates need for lighter fluid)
See all of our 31 Days of Grilling Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes