Oh yummy, yummy!
See that pile of homemade kale slaw…it ended up on top of my brat. And holy flavor explosion. Oh yummy, yummy!
My boys are not big ‘lettuce or slaw’ eaters, but that is A-OK with me. That means more for me…and this kale slaw was better as leftovers as it soaked in the tangy-creamy dressing overnight! (But still fabulous on the brat!)
Add this to your menu soon! Like for tomorrow!
- 1 package bratwurst (about 5 links)
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup shredded cabbage, green or red
- 1/2 cup kale, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds, roasted and unsalted
- 2 Tbsp cashews, roasted and unsalted, chopped
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- Hot dog buns, for serving
- In a saucepan, combine the water, bratwurst, and onion slices. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Internal temperature should reach at least 165 degrees.
- While the brats are simmering prepare the slaw. Combine all remaining ingredientsin a medium mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Refrigerate until brats are completed.
- Transfer brats to a hot grill to add some smoky flavor. Turn after 3 - 4 minutes to brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve the Grilled Bratwursts on a bun with mustard or your favorite condiments with the homemade Kale BBQ Slaw.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Grilling Recipe Supplies:
- Grill Friendly Vegetable Basket
- Cuisinart Stainless-Steel Grill Tool Set
- 6 Skewer Kebab Set
- 6 Flexible Grilling Skewers (these are my favorite skewers!)
- Heavy Duty NonStick Grill Mat (set of 2)
- Weber Rapidfire Chimney Starter (eliminates need for lighter fluid)
See all of our 31 Days of Grilling Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes