First off, let’s talk about these kebab skewers…because I know you’re going to ask. 🙂
So. My mom is a very clever gift giver and she loves to find obscure and fun kitchen gadgets that I don’t already have. Being a food blogger means that I have a slew of kitchen gadgets and goodies and I think she enjoys the challenge of finding ones that I don’t have. For Christmas 2 years ago, I opened these flexible skewers and the delight on her face when I told her that we didn’t have these yet…she was elated!
Now, let’s talk about these kebabs.
Chicken pieces soaked in a lemon-oregano vinaigrette. Then threaded with some green olives, red onion, bell peppers and zukes. (I wasn’t originally going to include zucchini because I don’t think of those as being very ‘Greek,’ but I threw them on because we had some and because I knew the kids would eat their veggies if I served them. Include them or don’t, that’s up to you.) Then grilled to perfection. Then devoured.
That’s how these Greek Chicken kebabs work. They will rock your taste buds!
Greek Chicken Kebabs
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 3 bell peppers cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 2 small zucchini cut into 1/2" circles
- about 18 whole green or black olives
- Simple side salad
- In a large bowl, add the chicken pieces, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and salt and pepper. *Let marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Cut up the veggies and prepare the string the skewers.
- Once the chicken has marinated, string the chicken pieces, red onion pieces, bell pepper pieces, zucchini pieces and olives.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes, rotating 2 or 3 times, until chicken is cooked through and veggies have softened. Grilling time may vary depending on heat on the grill and size of the chicken pieces.
- Serve Greek Chicken Kebabs with simple side salad.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes here!
See all of our 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes