Kebabs make for a fantastical summer meal for Paleo-peeps. And they’re uber-budget friendly in the summer too because produce is so cheap.
I’ve already started to see the $.50 per bell pepper prices at my store. Have you yet?
So…you can/should make these with your favorite cut of steak, cut into kebab-size pieces. Or, if you’re like me, you could go with a cheaper cut of beef like ‘beef for stew.’
I generally use stew beef when making kebabs for a few reasons: it’s already cut to the right size, it cooks really well on a metal skewer, and it’s almost always (I can probably say always here!) cheaper per pound than the different cuts of steak sold in stores.
Totally up to you, which type of beef you use. 🙂
String on some peppers, red onions and pineapple and you’ve got the makings of a delicious kebab. The tangy balsamic vinaigrette marinade is the perfect complement to the grilled, sweet pineapple and peppers.
And Happy Memorial Day!
I want to pause for a moment to say thanks. Thank you to those who given the ultimate sacrifice for our nation. As we celebrate our liberty and freedoms, we remember and support those who have lost their lives in defense of our liberties and freedom. I’m deeply grateful for your sacrifice and service.
- 1 lb stew beef or steak, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper,seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 20 oz 20 oz. can pineapple chunks, well drained
- Fresh veggies or fruit, as side dish
- *Marinate the beef in the balsamic vinaigrette for at least 30 minutes.
- String the marinated beef, bell peppers, red onion and pineapple chunks onto skewers. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Grill over high heat for 12 to 15 minutes, rotating a few times, or until beef is cooked through and peppers have softened and charred on the edges.
- If you want to serve with other fruit or veggies, prepare those.
- Serve Steak, Pineapple & Pepper Kebabs.