I adore green smoothies.
I make them often and have recently started to include ripe, soft avocados to them when I have one on hand and they make them so, so, so creamy and smooth. Like, give a new definition to smoothie, smooth.
Also, the good fat in the avocado keeps me full all morning long!
Give these green goodies a whirl (pun intended) and enjoy this amazing green smoothie!
Spinach Pineapple Avocado Smoothie
Yield – 1 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 1 handful of spinach (or other dark greens)
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (you can include the juice if using canned)
- 1 ripe avocado, seeded and peeled
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Add all these ingredients to a blender.
- Make sure to add the chia seeds last because they tend to stick to the bottom and sides otherwise.
- Add water until all ingredients are covered.
- Place the lid on the cup and blend for 5 second pulses. It should only take 2 or 3 pulses for the contents to be completely smooth.
Pin all of the Breakfast Recipes
See all of our 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes