I adore green smoothies.
I make them often and have recently started to include ripe, soft avocados to them when I have one on hand and they make them so, so, so creamy and smooth. Like, give a new definition to smoothie, smooth.
Also, the good fat in the avocado keeps me full all morning long!
Give these green goodies a whirl (pun intended) and enjoy this amazing green smoothie!
Spinach Pineapple Avocado Smoothie
- 1 handful of spinach (or other dark greens)
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (you can include the juice if using canned)
- 1 ripe avocado seeded and peeled
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- Add all these ingredients to a blender.
- Make sure to add the chia seeds last because they tend to stick to the bottom and sides otherwise.
- Add water until all ingredients are covered.
- Place the lid on the cup and blend for 5 second pulses. It should only take 2 or 3 pulses for the contents to be completely smooth.