Taquito. Taquito. Taquito.
Say that fast five times.
You need to get these on your weekend breakfast menu…STAT! They are so tasty…and way cheaper than grabbing them from a TexMex joint. You’re also going to want to dip these babies in some salsa or guacamole too.
Oh, and they’re freezer friendly too. Bake an extra batch, let it cool and then drop them into a freezer baggie for quick, grab-n-go breakfast!
If only the technology existed for you to reach through the screen to have a bite!!!
Sausage Potato Breakfast Taquitos
Yield – 10 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 1/2 pound pork breakfast ground sausage (be sure to use gluten-free sausage if needed)
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup fresh or frozen shredded potatoes
- 30 corn tortillas
- Serve with avocados and salsa, optional
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown the sausage and drain. Crumble into very small chunks. Set aside in medium bowl.
- In the same pan, add onion, both bell peppers, and eggs. Cook over medium heat and stir until eggs are done. Veggies will still be somewhat firm. Add egg mixture to the bowl with the sausage.
- Add seasonings, cheese, and potatoes to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Get a paper towel or clean, dish towel mildly damp with water. Microwave 10 tortillas at a time in the wet towel for one minute to soften them. Be careful! The towel will be steamy!
- Remove one tortilla at a time and add a heaping, rounded tablespoon of the sausage mixture to the middle of the tortilla. Roll and place directly on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 17 – 20 minutes or until tortilla edges are lightly browned.
- Serve Sausage Potato Breakfast Taquitos with avocados and salsa.
You can also freeze these Sausage Potato Breakfast Taquitos.
- Just follow the directions to assemble.
- Place them on a cookie sheet and put directly in the freezer for about 5 hours or until the tortillas are stiff.
- Stack them in a labeled freezer bag.
- Make sure to write the baking directions on the bag.
- For preparing directly from the freezer, bake in 400 degree oven until filling reaches 165 degrees (about 20 – 22 minutes).
Be sure to use certified Gluten Free sausage and corn tortillas to ensure a gluten free meal, if necessary!
Pin all of the Breakfast Recipes
See all of our 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes