Taquito. Taquito. Taquito.
Say that fast five times.
You need to get these on your weekend breakfast menu…STAT! They are so tasty…and way cheaper than grabbing them from a TexMex joint. You’re also going to want to dip these babies in some salsa or guacamole too.
Oh, and they’re freezer friendly too. Bake an extra batch, let it cool and then drop them into a freezer baggie for quick, grab-n-go breakfast!
If only the technology existed for you to reach through the screen to have a bite!!!
Sausage Potato Breakfast Taquitos
- 1/2 lb pork breakfast ground sausage (be sure to use gluten-free sausage if needed)
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground dried cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup fresh or frozen shredded potatoes
- 30 corn tortillas
- Serve with avocados and salsa, optional
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown the sausage and drain. Crumble into very small chunks. Set aside in medium bowl.
- In the same pan, add onion, both bell peppers, and eggs. Cook over medium heat and stir until eggs are done. Veggies will still be somewhat firm. Add egg mixture to the bowl with the sausage.
- Add seasonings, cheese, and potatoes to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Get a paper towel or clean, dish towel mildly damp with water. Microwave 10 tortillas at a time in the wet towel for one minute to soften them. Be careful! The towel will be steamy!
- Remove one tortilla at a time and add a heaping, rounded tablespoon of the sausage mixture to the middle of the tortilla. Roll and place directly on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 17 - 20 minutes or until tortilla edges are lightly browned.
- Serve Sausage Potato Breakfast Taquitos with avocados and salsa.