Salted Caramel Mocha Cookies are what cookie dreams are made of.
Sweet caramel. Roasty espresso. Hint of salt.
These might be my favorite in this series.
And because of the salt sprinkled lightly on top of each of these Salted Caramel Mocha cookies.
Espresso morsels are essential here. They are what make it resemble the drink!
Without the espresso flavor, they are just boring cookies okay?
So snag a few bags of these morsels when you see them in the store and get to baking up goodness!
Salted Caramel Mocha Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup espresso morsels
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1 Tbsp coarse sea salt pinched onto each cookie
- In a stand mixer or mixing bowl, cream the softened butter with the white and brown sugars.
- Add 1 egg at a time, mixing into the creamed sugars.
- Then mix in the vanilla.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour with the baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, 1 cup at at time.
- Mix until cookie dough forms. Add in the espresso morsels and the toffee bits, and mix into the dough.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge overnight.
- About 1 hour before baking, remove the dough from the fridge and let it warm up on the counter.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place a silicone baking mat on a baking sheet.
- Use an ice cream scoop to transfer the dough onto prepared baking sheet. Pinch a few pieces of coarse sea salt onto each dough ball. Press the salt lightly into the dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9 to 11 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack. Let cool for 5 minutes before enjoying a warm cookie with a cold class of milk.