Hearty, hearty, hearty!
If you have ever completely cut grains from your diet, you’ll know that just this bowl will fill you right up. It’s backwards and doesn’t make sense, but omitting grains makes you feel fuller, faster.
(I didn’t believe it when I read about that, until I did an ‘all-in Whole 30’ challenge back in December.)
This chili is so refreshing and somehow manages to achieve a ‘light, but hearty’ feeling after polishing off a bowl. We can thank the veggies for that.
I adore beans in chili and the zukes and carrots were a nice alternative to the beans I usually drop in!
Hope you enjoy this budget-friendly Paleo chili!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 large whole carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini, diced
- Side dish: fresh fruit
- In a large saucepan, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Drain and return to the pan.
- Stir the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce in with the ground beef. Add the chili powder, ground cumin and salt and pepper and bring to bubbling.
- Once bubbling, add the chopped carrots and diced zucchini and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare fresh fruit.
- Serve Paleo Chili with Carrots and Zukes with some fresh fruit.