Ever had one of those days where the fog just wouldn’t lift? Perhaps it was because a kiddo was up sick in the middle of the night, or your anxious about an upcoming change or surgery or news from the doctors office?
You’re tired all day. Not really thinking straight, can’t get out of that funk.
And then the dreaded ‘oh my, what are we going to eat tonight?’ thought begins to float in and out of your brain.
You need back up to keep you from calling for takeout.
And this meal is the perfect kind of back up. It’s a slow cooker meal, that takes less than 5 minutes to start. And then you won’t have to worry about ‘that what’s for dinner’ thought coming in and out of your mind all day.
It looks like this:
Add beef roast to slow cooker. Add seasoning. Add balsamic vinegar. Drop in some carrots. (And quartered sweet potatoes for Paleo or whole small, red potatoes for non-Paleo.)
Slow cook away.
And then head back to bed for a nap. (If you can.)
Here’s the recipe for this simple and delicious beef roast!
Balsamic Beef Roast
- about 1 1/2 to 2 lb. beef chuck roast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 beef or chicken broth, or water
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- Optional - 4 small sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered or 8 small, whole red potatoes (for non-Paleo)
- Fresh veggies on the side
- Add the beef roast to the base of the slow cooker and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour the beef or chicken broth or water around the beef roast on the bottom of the slow cooker. This is to keep the balsamic vinegar from burning on the insert of the slow cooker. If you think your slow cooker runs hot, you might want to add a full cup. The beef roast will release liquid as it cooks as well.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar all over the beef roast and then add the carrots around the roast. If you want to add sweet potatoes or whole, small red potatoes as well, you can toss those around and on top of the roast.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Prepare fresh veggies for a side dish.
- Serve Balsamic Beef Roast with carrots and other veggie.