If you’re like me, you don’t have a moment to spare on weekday mornings. I love to have smoothies for breakfast…so having them prepped ahead of time and all the ingredients I need for each batch of smoothie really makes my busy mornings go smoother. (Pun intended.)
Set aside a few minutes on the weekend or when you have the energy on a weekday evening and package up what you would normally add to the blender in a quart size freezer baggie. Pour some milk or yogurt into an ice cube tray, then freeze and add 2-3 cubes to each of the baggies. Fill in with your favorite fruits and freeze it all up!
Below are a few of my favorite smoothie recipes:
- No Bake Cookie Smoothie
- Mango Smoothie
- Orange, Mango, Banana Dessert Smoothie
- Banana Strawberry Peach Smoothie
- Mango Raspberry Smoothie
- Pomegranate Smoothie
- Kale, Kiwi, Apple, & Banana Smoothie
- Berry Cherry Jubilee (Green Smoothie)
Plus, an extra smoothie freezing tip:
Favorite Freezer Cooking Supplies:
- Deep Steam Table Foil Pans 30 ct (8.5 x 10.5 in.) – perfect for casseroles, enchiladas, etc.
- Aluminum Foil Loaf Pans 10 ct (8.5 X 4.5 X 2.25 in.) – perfect for meatloaf, breads, etc.
- Reynolds Release Non-Stick Aluminum Foil, 35 Sq Ft
- Ziploc Freezer Bags
Pin all of our Freezer Recipes on Pinterest:
Follow $5 Dinners’ board 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes on Pinterest.
While I love being in the kitchen, I need to make my time spent cooking as efficient as possible…and how I accomplish that is with batch cooking, freezer cooking and keeping easy and quick meals or ingredients ready to go in the freezer. This month, I’ll be sharing all my favorite freezer cooking recipes, tricks, hacks and how-tos.
Leave a Reply