Had to sneak a grilling recipe in here! If you don’t have a grilling basket, I highly recommend that you get one before grilling season ‘officially’ resumes in a month or two. I use my grilling basket mostly for grilling veggies, but I also use it for ‘grill-fry’ meals like this one!
Can you really do an entire meal on the grill?!
Why yes. Yes you can.
This is the perfect one dish dinner…all cooked together on the grill. And served with a few watermelon wedges that are sweet, juicy and drip all down your chin!
Super simple and super delicious. I love the smokey flavor that gets infused into the chicken and potatoes as they grill. This is a great way to keep the heat out of the kitchen and cook the entire meal out on the grill!
Chicken and Potato “Stirfry” on the Grill
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes plus marinade time
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts, about 1 lb., cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp garlic and onion grill seasoning
- 4 medium Idaho potatoes
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and place in a mixing bowl with the olive oil, red wine vinegar and seasoning.
- Let marinate at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Microwave the potatoes for a few minutes before slicing. (This will help them cook faster on the grill.)
- Toss the potatoes, diced peppers and diced onions with the chicken pieces.
- Place the mixture into the grill basket and cook for about 20 minutes, or until chicken pieces have cooked through.
- Toss and turn the chicken and vegetables often while they are grilling. Use caution as grill basket handle is hot!
- Serve with ketchup and a side of fresh fruit like watermelon or other fresh fruit.
Recommended Skillet Dinner Supplies:
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 5-qt. Sauté Pan & Cover – this is the pan I personally use!
- Pre-Seasoned 12 inch Cast Iron Skillet from Emeril by All-Clad – this is a really great cast iron skillet that won’t break the bank!
- Silicone Hot Handle Holder – you’ll want one of these (or something like it) if your skillet is going in the oven!
- Find even more skillet recipes in my One Dish Dinners cookbook
Keep up with & pin all of our Skillet Dinner Recipes on Pinterest!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes