Ooooh, a little taste of the tropics as we slowly emerge out of winter!
This baked oatmeal is fantastic. It’s not quite as sweet and dessert like as the Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal we shared last week. The crushed pineapple has just the right amount of natural sweetness to make the oatmeal sweet, but not dessert-sweet.
Couple notes on this recipe…
- Use 1/2 tsp vanilla extract & 1/2 tsp rum extract – for the full effect
- Serve with coconut milk for some extra nutty flavor (I just noticed that my Costco is carrying shelf stable boxes of coconut milk at a reasonable price!)
- Easily make this recipe GF by using GF flour blend in place of the flour and GF certified quick cooking oats for the quick cooking oats.
Everyone from the 2 year old to my husband enjoyed this pina colada version of baked oatmeal! That’s it…hope you love this as much as we do!
Pina Colada Baked Oatmeal ~ New Recipe for 31 Days of Breakfasts
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla(or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- 15 oz. can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened, garnish
- Milk, cream or yogurt for serving
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl or stand mixer. Pour batter into prepared dish and bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until oatmeal is set in the middle. Let cool slightly before cutting and serving.
- Serve Pina Colada Baked Oatmeal with milk or yogurt. For full 'pina colada' flavor, serve with coconut milk.
Pin all of the Breakfast Recipes
See all of our 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes