Here, take this spoon.
And reach through the screen and have a bite. Warm, perfectly sweetened peanut butter sauce, piled onto a homemade chocolate cake (with a secret ingredient!)
I share this with you because I love you…and I want you to treat yourself to this ridiculously tasty slow cooker dessert. *mwah*
P.S. The secret ingredient isn’t really that secret. I’m a HUGE fan of adding coffee (instant or brewed) to brownie and chocolate cake batters (I’ve got another recipe coming soon!). As evidence, I leave you with Exhibits A through E; and then this recipe…
- Mocha Brownies
- Salted Caramel Mocha Brownies
- Peppermint Bark Brownies
- Thin Mint Brownies
- Black Bean Coconut Brownies
The coffee flavor enhances the chocolate flavor and your batters will never be the same again! I always had a stash of instant coffee on hand for baking with chocolate & cocoa!
Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Sauce
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 3 hours
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Coat your slow cooker liberally with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, flour, corn starch, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, eggs, milk, butter, vanilla, and coffee. (DO NOT add the honey and peanut butter. That’s for another step.)
- Pour into the slow cooker. Cook on low for 3 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve the cake, combine the honey and peanut butter in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for 60 seconds. Stir.
- Pour the peanut butter sauce over the cake and enjoy!