Yesterday it was the homemade PCL. Today it’s the SCM in brownie form.
Because I love ya.
And firmly believe in these drinks and the flavor combinations…just homemade or disguised in a brownie. Because I don’t like spending $5 on a latte…especially when I can make dinner for my family for that much.
So these are to.die.for. You will eat the entire pan in one shot…I promise not to judge. Because we (and I mean, I) might have eaten the entire pan…maybe with a little help from a few little boys. Gluttony doesn’t exist when it comes to these brownies 😉
Caramel drops. (These things are called Caramel Bits. I mentioned them here.)
Sea salt, big ole chunks.
And ooey-gooey, fudgey brownie.
Put it all into one pan….Dessert heaven.
I dare ya to eat just one!!!
Salted Caramel Mocha Brownies
- 2 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 packet (or 1 tablespoon) instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup of caramel bits
- about 2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large, microwave-safe mixing bowl, add the chopped baking chocolate, butter, and 1 cup of the chocolate chips. Microwave on high for 112 minutes. Whisk the melted butter into the melted chocolate.
- Whisk the sugar, vanilla, flour, cocoa powder, and salt into the butter-chocolate mixture. Whisk the eggs and instant coffee granules into the batter. Whisk for about 1 minute, or until the batter is smooth. Fold in the remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and then stir in the caramel bits. Drop the sea salt all over the top of the batter, pinchful at a time.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool slightly before cutting and serving.