This is not the first time that I’ve shared a recipe with the mango-avocado combination and it probably won’t be the last. There’s the Grilled Chicken with Mango-Avocado Salsa. There’s the salad version with goat cheese and vinaigrette (which I have for lunch several days a week!). And there’s the pasta version, with Orzo too.
It might because all 4 of the boys will eat mangos and avocados. And ask for more. Or it might be that I just love the combination of a sweet ripe mango with a tender ripe avocado. Toss in a little lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper and get the taco party started y’all!
This is a basic beef roast in the slow cooker…then top with fresh fruits kind of deal, simple, simple, simple. That’s the name of my cooking game friends!
Shredded Beef Tacos with Mango-Avocado Salsa
- 2 lbs. beef chuck roast
- 1 Tbsp ime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt and pepper, each
- 1/2 cup water
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 mango seeded and diced
- 2 small avocados seeded and diced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortillas - flour or corn
- corn on the cob, rice, or refried beans side dish
- Place the beef roast in the slow cooker. Squeeze the lime juice over the top, then sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper on top as well. Carefully pour the water around the beef roast. (I like to add water so that the environment inside the slow cooker stays nice and moist...I think it makes for more tender beef!) Set on low and cook for 8 hours. Once cooked, shred it with 2 forks.
- Before dinner, mix up the mangoes, avocados, lime juice, cilantro and salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Add the slow cooked beef into the tortillas and top with the mango-avocado salsa.
- Prepare side dishes.
- Serve Shredded Beef Tacos with Mango Avocado Salsa & preferred side dishes.
Very good! I really didn’t think I would like them (my kids wanted to try them), but I will definitely make them again. Easy, inexpensive, and delicious.
Do you have crock pot quinoa recipe
I simply loved your website!
I tried those beef tacos and they were amazing..
Thank you very much 🙂