Seriously, my friend.
Smoothie bowls are the new “fan favorite” around here! I mentioned how we are making more of these and why, and yes…we are making more and more of these.
Tips for Enjoying Smoothie Bowls
- Use really ripe bananas to increase the natural sweetness. Bonus points: break ripe bananas into smaller chunks and freeze them.
- Use mostly, if not all, frozen fruit. This will help make the smoothie thicker and more ice cream-like.
- Be prepared with the topping ingredients to assemble quickly.
- If your store has the bulk food bins, look for toppings like chia, slivered almonds, granola, etc. and only get how much you need. A few pinchfuls of each will only cost ya $.10-$.50!
- Use GF granola or other crunchy GF toppings for GF option.
- Eat right away!
- How to Freeze Different Fruit – a great resource for freezing fruit that you get on sale!!!
As promised, here is another delicious option for you – one where the flavors will take you straight to a tropical beach! 😉
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1-ish cup water depends on how well your blender blends all frozen fruit
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cups frozen mango
- Toppings: Sliced banana, diced mango, shredded unsweetened coconut
- Add the coconut or almond milk, water and frozen fruit into blender. Blend until smoothit will be thick, so stream in a little hot water to help thin it out, if necessary.
- Pour quickly into bowls and top with bananas, mango and coconut.
- Enjoy Tropical Mango Smoothie Bowl for breakfast or snack!