On the 4th of July, I had a bag of red potatoes and needed to make a “dairy-free” red potato for those of us who are not having dairy products these days, as well as a dairy-filled something or other.
I made the Grilled Red Potatoes for the guys and me, and this for Steve and my MIL.
It’s a grilled spin-off of the Roasted Red Potato Salad that I made this winter.
How to Make Grilled Red Potato Salad
Grilled Red Potato Salad
- 2 lbs. red potatoes($1.50) quartered
- 2 Tbsp olive oil ($.20)
- 1 garlic clove($.05) crushed
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup cup sour cream ($.25)
- Mix-In Ideas: Other Garden Herbs, Chives or Green Onions, Bacon Crumbles
- Wash the potatoes and rosemary and pat dry.
- Add the olive oil and crush garlic to a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped rosemary and some salt and pepper.
- Add in the quartered red potatoes and toss the potatoes with the oil and rosemary.
- Place a few spoonfuls on a piece of foil.
- Wrap the potatoes into packets.
- Grill the potato packets for about 10-15 minutes, or until they look like this.
- Transfer the potatoes to the mixing bowl and mash gently. Stir in the sour cream, and any other mix-ins.
- Serve Grilled Red Potato Salad warm or cold.