To-may-toes, To-mah-toes…however you want to say it…doesn’t matter…as long as you make these fresh, stuffed tomatoes recipe!
Got an over abundance of tomatoes?!?
Looking for a cool, light and refreshing side…or even a main dish dinner?!?
Well, stuffed tomatoes are THE way to go!
Below, you’ll find the recipe for the avocado stuffed ones pictured above.
You could also combine some sliced olives, goat cheese, olive oil, and a dash of oregano and make another filling them (also pictured.)
Either way, these Stuffed Tomatoes recipe are the perfect treat!
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut a cone around the stem bud of the tomato to cut out the center portion. Scoop out the seeds. (So it won't be so "runny" when you fork into it.)
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the avocado, onion, jalapeno, crushed garlic, ground cumin and lemon juice. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Stuff the Spicy Avocado Salad into the Tomatoes.
- Tuna Salad
- Savory Chicken Salad
- Corn and Black Bean Salsa