I love festive food on holidays.
I love celebrating our country’s independence with lots of red, white and blue foods…and in this case it’s pancakes for breakfast with strawberries, blueberries and ground almonds. Red. White. Blue. BOOM.
I plan on making these again in a few weeks when we celebrate our Independence Day here in the US. Hope you enjoy!
What are your favorite July 4th themed recipes?
Other Patriotic Recipes from $5 Dinners
Red, White & Blue Pancakes
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 2 cups pancake mix, plus egg, oil and milk
- 1/4 cup ground almonds (I used almond slivers)
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- Butter and syrup
- Prepare the pancake mix as directed by the recipe/box in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in the ground almonds and cinnamon. (Use a coffee grinder or food processor to pulse almonds into ground almonds.)
- Note: The ground almonds will add an additional density to the batter, so you might need to stir in a TBSP or two of milk to get to desired pancake batter consistency.
- Gently stir in the blueberries and strawberries.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter on a hot, greased electric griddle or skillet. Flip once bubbles appear.
- Serve Red, White and Blue Pancakes, hot off the griddle with butter and syrup.
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #169