I love festive food on holidays.
I love celebrating our country’s independence with lots of red, white and blue foods…and in this case it’s pancakes for breakfast with strawberries, blueberries and ground almonds. Red. White. Blue. BOOM.
IÂ plan on making these again in a few weeks when we celebrate our Independence Day here in the US. Hope you enjoy!
What are your favorite July 4th themed recipes?
Other Patriotic Recipes from $5 Dinners
- 2 cups pancake mix, plus egg, oil and milk
- 1/4 cup ground almonds (I used almond slivers)
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- Butter and syrup
- Prepare the pancake mix as directed by the recipe/box in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in the ground almonds and cinnamon. (Use a coffee grinder or food processor to pulse almonds into ground almonds.)
- Note: The ground almonds will add an additional density to the batter, so you might need to stir in a TBSP or two of milk to get to desired pancake batter consistency.
- Gently stir in the blueberries and strawberries.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter on a hot, greased electric griddle or skillet. Flip once bubbles appear.
- Serve Red, White and Blue Pancakes, hot off the griddle with butter and syrup.
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #169