So I added an ingredient to my “all-time favorite” potato salad recipe.
I just happened to see them when grabbing the dijon mustard and miracle whip. Hmmm…wonder how this would taste mixed in???
Homemade Potato Salad
Yield – 8 – 10 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes (+2 hours to chill in fridge)
Cooking Time – 10 – 15 minutes
- 6 medium potatoes ($.80)
- 1 small onion ($.15)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed ($.05)
- 1 dill pickle, chopped ($.10)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp miracle whip, divided ($.20)
- 2-3 Tbsp Dijon mustard ($.10)
- 2 eggs ($.20)
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- In medium saucepan, boil peeled and diced potatoes, chopped onions and crushed garlic for 10 minutes, or until potato pieces are soft. Drain and place in serving bowl.
- Chop pickle and add to potatoes with 1/2 cup miracle whip, Dijon mustard and cracked pepper. Season with salt. Stir through.
- In small saucepan, boil 2 eggs for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit in water for 10 more minutes. Carefully remove and rinse with cool water until can be easily handled.
- Place in small bowl and chop using pastry blender.
- Add chopped eggs plus 2 Tbsp of miracle whip to the potatoes. Stir through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until completely chilled. This will serve 8-10 people, depending on how large your “spread” is for your July 4th BBQ!