These little cookie dough bites are like taking a bite out of Autumn. It’s like Autumn just threw a party on your taste buds.
Cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg…and some pumpkin.
See what I mean…
Can you taste them yet?
There you go…
Get some made and enjoy all those flavors of fall in a small, guiltless bite of Pumpkin Pie Cookie Dough Bites!
Before we get to the recipe…an important note about one of the essential ingredients: the pure pumpkin puree. Not all canned pure pumpkin is the same consistency. If you are using a thicker pure pumpkin (like this organic brand), you’ll need to add a little extra butter and/or a few drops of milk to get the dough to the right consistency. If you are using a thinner pure pumpkin (like Libby’s), then you might need to add a teaspoon or two of flour and/or brown sugar. Because the dough doesn’t have raw eggs, you can taste test the dough before you chill it!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt. Add the butter, pure pumpkin, vanilla and brown sugar. Blend until smooth dough forms. The dough will be loose and must be chilled for an hour before rolling into the bites.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Roll the dough into 1 1/2" bites and place on the wax paper. Keep chilled and serve chilled.
- Read important note above about the pure pumpkin and dough consistency.
- Do not bake these, they don't have eggs or leavening and will not turn out if you bake them!