Pardon me while I drown myself in this bowl of Mac and Cheese.
Like, please don’t judge me. I won’t judge you. 😉
It’s so delicious.
The pasta is cooked perfectly.
And then the cheese melts beautifully to create (what might possibly be) the most amazing bowl of homemade mac and cheese.
So…here’s how it goes down.
Add the broth and Dijon mustard to the insert and whisk.
Pour in the pasta.
Let naturally release for 10 minutes, then release remaining pressure.
Then add a little more water so that it all floats under the liquid.
It should look like this.
Get all the butter, cream and cheese ready.
Once it’s cooked, give it a stir. You shouldn’t need to drain any liquid.
Stir in the butter and cream.
Then add the cheese.
And start stirring it in!
This amazing cheesy is what awaits. Stir in through, remove the insert and then serve into bowls. The cheese sauce will thicken a little as it cools!
Ooooey, goooey goodness awaits you!
Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
Yield – 4-6 dinner servings; 8-10 side dish servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 6 minutes in Instant Pot
- 1 lb. small shell pasta noodles
- 3 cups chicken stock or water, if vegetarian
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cracked pepper, as garnish
- Side salad or veggies
- Whisk together the chicken stock and Dijon mustard in the Instant Pot insert. Add the pasta noodles, then add water so that the pasta noodles are covered. Press the noodles into the liquid.
- Set to Sealing.
- Cook on Manual, High Pressure for 6 minutes.
- Quick Release.
- Remove the insert from the base and stir the cooked pasta. There might be a little liquid remaining, but it will thicken up as it evaporates and as the cheese sauce is made.
- Stir in the butter, until melted. Pour in the heavy cream and mix it well. Add the shredded cheeses and grated Parmesan cheese and gently stir it in and incorporate, until creamy cheese sauce forms.
- Serve Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese with cracked pepper on top and favorite veggies or salad.