I think you might be sauteing your asparagus wrong?!?
You want to know my favorite (and the best!) way to saute asparagus.
First, you let it soak in a little olive oil. (This is the secret hack!)
Almost like marinating it.
Sure, it takes a little forethought to remember to let it sit for a bit. But all you have to do is get it soaking, then go about other dinner tasks and come back to saute it later.
Because it takes just a minute to saute.
And then it’s piping hot as you add it to dinner plates.
Here’s the rundown.
Oh, and don’t miss the Oven Roasted Asparagus recipe either. It’s below this one 🙂
- 1 lb. asparagus spears
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Rinse with water and pat dry. Snap the ends off of each asparagus spear by gently bending each spear. The spear will snap naturally “where it is supposed to” break off.
- Place spears in shallow bowl or serving dish, and drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the spears. Let sit for about 30 minutes, while you prepare the other parts of your meal.
- Preheat the skillet over high heat.
- Place spears with olive oil into the skillet. Season with salt and pepper if you wish.
- Saute over medium high heat for about 3 to 5 minutes. Spears will turn a brighter green color as they cook. Toss often.
- Asparagus should still have a little crunch to it when cooked this way. Enjoy your “Asparagus al Dente!”
TAP BELOW to learn how to roast asparagus in the oven!
What is your favorite way to prepare asparagus???
We love to grill it.
Clean asparagus as normal
add asparagus, EVOO, and seanings (pepper, garlic, onion, whatever else we want) in a foil pack
put on the grill with other stuff
about 4-5 minutes on each side
since we’re not grilling tonight, I’ll be trying your suggestion. thanks!
I love asparagus so much but my family does not. So I never cook it but seeing it on your blog inspired me to buy it and cook it, even if it is just for me. Well, lo and behold I made it, just baked for about 12 minutes with salt, pepper, olive oil, and a tiny bit of lemon on it, and my daughter actually ate an ENTIRE piece. She is deathly afraid of vegetables of all kinds. I am loving it! Lets hope it lasts. (and it was fun to watch the tortured look on my Husband’s face as I made him eat a piece too)
I love to roast my asparagus. I trim it toss with EVOO and spread onto a jellyroll pan. I then separate a couple of heads of garlic (leave the skin on) and toss with olive oil and place on jellyroll pan also. Sprinkle asparagus and garlic with kosher salt and bake at 350 for approx 20 min. Turn over half way through baking. If you like you can toss grape tomatoes with asparagus and olive oil for an additional flavor. I serve this to guest often.