This chicken was GONE.
It flew right out of the skillet, right onto our dinner plates and right into all the bellies! I actually made a double portion of what’s below because I knew my boys would love this – because they love curries, and this is basically a tamed down curry with focus on the lime and the coconut, and less on the kick and spice that comes from curry powder/paste.
It’s perfect with a side of Instant Pot Sticky Rice and some veggies or salad.
Coconut Lime Chicken Skillet
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- Garnish: chopped cilantro
- Garnish: crushed red pepper
- Side ideas: salad and/or rice
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces.
- Seed and finely chop the red bell pepper. Chop the red onion.
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil and saute the chicken pieces for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the chopped red bell peppers, chopped red onions, chicken stock, lime juice and bring to bubbling. Let simmer for a few minutes and then stir in the coconut milk. Cover with lid, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Coconut Lime Chicken Skillet with garnishes and side salad.