Can you say CINCO DE MA-YUM!!!!
It’s Cinco de Mayo week and I’ve got a great new recipe to try! Love me some salsa (yes, I judge tex-mex joints based on their salsa!) and I apparently have been missing out on the whole ‘add avocado chunks to your salsa’ thing.
This is ‘next level’ salsa right here…and I’m so grateful to my friend Hannah for introducing me to this bowl of amazing.
Also, this will make you giggle…if you’re a chips and salsa fan!
Chunky Avocado Salsa
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – XYZ minutes
Cooking Time – XYZ minutes
- 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, chopped (optional)
- 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 avocados, diced
- Chopped cilantro
- Sliced green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes with green chilies, minced garlic cloves, chopped jalapeño, juice from 1 lime, ground cumin and salt. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the avocado chunks, chopped cilantro and sliced green onions and mix through. Give it a taste and add more salt or cilantro or whatever.
- Serve with tortilla chips! Lick the bowl clean!