Holy-wow-ness friend. You have got-got-got to try this chicken salad made with Greek yogurt. It’s guuuuuuuuud! Very-very-very guuuuuud!
Like, blow-up-your-taste-buds kinda good.
(Alright, I’ll stop with the hyphens!)
This yogurt dressing is made from scratch and it’s fresh flavor perfectly complements that crunch from the celery, the bite from the red onion and the sweetness from the apple. Combined together with the punch from the sharp cheddar cheese and burst of protein from the chicken and you have the makings of the perfect lunch. Or light summer dinner.
Get this one pinned and added to one of your meal plans this summer!
Related: How to Cook a Whole Chicken
(This recipe would also be great with rotisserie chicken meat!)
Chicken Salad with Greek Yogurt
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes + 1 hour to chill
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dill, dried
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic, fresh and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3/4 cup Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1 cup chicken, fully cooked, chopped
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
- Serve on sandwiches or as a dip with veggies or chips
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, pepper, salt, dill, cilantro, garlic, onion powder, and parsley. Stir well.
- Add celery, red onion, apple, chicken, and cheese. Stir to combine.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least one hour. This will allow the flavors to come together.
- Serve on sandwiches or as a refreshingly, delicious dip for fresh veggies or chips. (Use gluten free bread or chips if following a GF diet.)