I thought I’d try a new sauce for kabobs. I intended this for grilled salmon, but ended up making shrimp kabobs. A little experiment if you will! Plus, my first harvest from the garden!
25 shrimp ($2.50) Using up the rest of the bag from when I made Shrimp Scampi!
1/2 onion ($.15)
1 green pepper ($.68)
1 Tbsp olive oil ($.05)
4 Tbsp dijon mustard ($.25)
1 Tbsp milk ($.02)
2 Tbsp fresh or dried dill ($.10)
2 Tbsp fresh parsley (From the garden)
1 cup brown rice ($.20)
Fresh Spinach from the Garden!!!! We’ll call it free!
1. Thaw shrimp. Cut green pepper and onion into skewer size pieces. Place shrimp, green pepper, and onion on skewers. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with a few dashes of dill. Grill for 5-6 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
2. In small bowl, whisk dijon mustard, milk and dill until creamy. Dip shrimp, peppers and onions into sauce.
3. In medium saucepan, bring 1 cup of rice in 2 1/2 cups of water to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, until brown rice is cooked through. Fluff with fork before serving.
4. Soak and wash spinach leaves. Steam in stovetop steamer for 4-5 minutes.
5. Serve Shrimp Kabobs with Creamy Dill Sauce, Rice and Steamed Spinach.
***I must say the sauce was delicious! It was zippy like cocktail sauce, but with a dijon flavor. Yum!