I thought I’d try a new sauce for kabobs. Because everything is better with sauce!
I intended this for grilled salmon, but ended up making shrimp kabobs.
A little experiment if you will! Plus, my first harvest from the garden!
- 25 shrimp
- 1/2 onion
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp fresh or dried dill
- 2 Tbsp Fresh parsley, optional garnish
- 1 cup brown rice
- fresh spinach
- Thaw shrimp. Cut green pepper and onion into skewer size pieces.
- Place shrimp, green pepper, and onion on skewers.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with a few dashes of dill.
- Grill for 5-6 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- In small bowl, whisk dijon mustard, milk and dill until creamy. Dip shrimp, peppers and onions into sauce.
- In medium saucepan, bring 1 cup of rice in 2 1/2 cups of water to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, until brown rice is cooked through. Fluff with fork before serving.
- Soak and wash spinach leaves. Steam in stovetop steamer for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve Shrimp Kabobs with Creamy Dill Sauce, Rice and Steamed Spinach.