Grilled Round Steak
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
- .8 lb eye of round thin steaks ($2.88)
- 1 Tbsp steak seasoning (FREE!) Bought last week with $.50 coupon that doubled when the Grill Mates were on sale for $1!6
- 6 medium white potatoes ($.80)
- 1/2 cup sour cream ($.20)
- 2 Tbsp butter ($.20)
- 1 crushed garlic clove ($.05)
- 4 corn cobs ($.68) On sale for $.17 an ear this week!
- A1 steak sauce ($.10) There is a $2 off coupon floating around for A1!
- Set steaks on plate and sprinkle with seasonings. Let sit in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to allow seasoning and salt to tenderize the meat. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, until cooked through. (These steaks were very thin and didn’t take long to cook!)
- Peel and quarter potatoes and boil in medium saucepan. Drain and return potatoes to saucepan. Add sour cream, butter, crushed garlic and salt and pepper. Mash with potato masher. For creamier potatoes, add 1/2 cup of milk at a time, until reaches desired consistency.
- Remove husks and threads from corn. Boil in large saucepan for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve Round Steak with Mashed Potatoes and Corn.