Round Steak and Mashed Potatoes
This Round Steak and Mashed Potatoes recipe is super fast and easy! It's the perfect dish for meat and potato lovers!
Servings - 4 servings
- 1 lb eye of round thin steaks ($2.88)
- 1 Tbsp steak seasoning (FREE!) Bought last week with $.50 coupon that doubled when the Grill Mates were on sale for $1!6
- 6 medium white potatoes ($.80)
- 1/2 cup sour cream ($.20)
- 2 Tbsp butter ($.20)
- 1 crushed garlic clove ($.05)
- 4 corn cobs ($.68) On sale for $.17 an ear this week!
- A1 steak sauce ($.10) There is a $2 off coupon floating around for A1!
- Set steaks on plate and sprinkle with seasonings. Let sit in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to allow seasoning and salt to tenderize the meat.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, until cooked through. (These steaks were very thin and didn't take long to cook!)
- Peel and quarter potatoes and boil in medium saucepan. Drain and return potatoes to saucepan.
- Add sour cream, butter, crushed garlic and salt and pepper. Mash with potato masher. For creamier potatoes, add 1/2 cup of milk at a time, until reaches desired consistency.
- Remove husks and threads from corn. Boil in large saucepan for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve Round Steak with Mashed Potatoes and Corn.
Vickie Lindstrom says
Love your website as your dinners are not only cheap but fast and when you have alot on the schedule just trying to keep up with everyday life ,this really helps.
you have some good ideas for very small families or for very light eaters. im just wondering how time consuming it is to search for all those coupons and sales. and what happens when ur family grows and u need to feed them more would u deprive them seconds in the name of 5 dollar dinners and how about when u have family over and they want to eat does that mean u and ur children dont eat in order to stay within the 5 dollar limit. strange lifestyle
That looks yummy!
Yo Prinzel says
I haven’t been here before, but I know I’ll be back. First, your pictures and recipes made me hungry and second, it looks like you’ve got recipes that even I can’t screw up 🙂
I linked to this yummy post in my Friday Favorites.
Hi I was wondering how can the potatoes be dairy free when they have butter and sour cream in them? I was looking at this recipe of yours with a link that said dairy free mashed potatoes.