Round Steak and Mashed Potatoes
This Round Steak and Mashed Potatoes recipe is super fast and easy! It's the perfect dish for meat and potato lovers!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb eye of round thin steaks ($2.88)
- 1 Tbsp steak seasoning (FREE!) Bought last week with $.50 coupon that doubled when the Grill Mates were on sale for $1!6
- 6 medium white potatoes ($.80)
- 1/2 cup sour cream ($.20)
- 2 Tbsp butter ($.20)
- 1 crushed garlic clove ($.05)
- 4 corn cobs ($.68) On sale for $.17 an ear this week!
- A1 steak sauce ($.10) There is a $2 off coupon floating around for A1!
- Set steaks on plate and sprinkle with seasonings. Let sit in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to allow seasoning and salt to tenderize the meat.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, until cooked through. (These steaks were very thin and didn't take long to cook!)
- Peel and quarter potatoes and boil in medium saucepan. Drain and return potatoes to saucepan.
- Add sour cream, butter, crushed garlic and salt and pepper. Mash with potato masher. For creamier potatoes, add 1/2 cup of milk at a time, until reaches desired consistency.
- Remove husks and threads from corn. Boil in large saucepan for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve Round Steak with Mashed Potatoes and Corn.