Vegetables on the grill, tossed with red quinoa.
- 1 small zucchini ($.79)
- 1 orange pepper ($1)
- 1/2 yellow pepper ($.50)
- 1/2 white onion ($.15)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced ($.10)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil ($.10)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup quinoa ($1)
- 4 ears of corn ($.60) $.15 an ear…woot!
1. Chop 1 zucchini, 1 orange pepper, 1/2 yellow pepper, 1/2 onion and minced garlic and toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
2. Grill in a vegetable grill basket.
3. Cook quinoa according to instructions on the package.
4. Combine cooked quinoa with grilled summer vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add some fresh chopped parsley or basil from the garden if you have it!
5. Boil, microwave or grill the corn.
6. Serve Quinoa with Grilled Summer Vegetables and Corn Cobs.
Note: This made the perfect amount for my family…if making for 4 adults or for more…add more quinoa to the dish to stretch it out. There were plenty of veggies.