Vegetables on the grill, tossed with red quinoa.
Red Quinoa with Grilled Summer Veggies
A light and fresh dish for Summer nights!
Servings - 4 servings
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 orange pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 ears of corn
- Chop 1 zucchini, 1 orange pepper, 1/2 yellow pepper, 1/2 onion and minced garlic and toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Grill in a vegetable grill basket.
- Cook quinoa according to instructions on the package.
- Combine cooked quinoa with grilled summer vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add some fresh chopped parsley or basil from the garden if you have it!
- Boil, microwave or grill the corn.
- Serve Quinoa with Grilled Summer Vegetables and Corn Cobs.
Ellen @ CheapCooking says
Where did you find the red quinoa? I’ve just started playing with quinoa and this looks good!
@Ellen @ CheapCooking, I’m curious where to find it, too. I have Walmart, Dillon’s (a Kroger sibling), and a couple other places available. I do NOT have a Costco and I don’t have a Sam’s membership. Any ideas? And 4# for $10? Maybe I won’t be buying it afterall…
ATL Cook says
I found Quinoa at Costco last week 4lb for $10. YIPEE never found it that cheap. I cooked 1/2 cup in 1 cup of Thai coconut ginger curry chicken stock (College Inn brand) and it was awesome. Had it last night for dinner with steamed asparagus and salmon portion. I ate half of what I cooked; added cucumber, black olives, Vidalia onion, celery, and 3 mini sweet bell peppers in orange. Beautiful enough that I posted the photo on FaceBook.
The directions showed to rinse and soak in water for 30 minutes. I did that–no bitter taste either. Red still has the hull on it. Do you think it adds to the nutritional value?
This is not coming up to print – I just printed several other things -maybe something got changed –
I haven’t found red quinoa in our area either, and the regular quinoa is $9+ for 1 lb. 10 oz.
Ronda Kaufman says
Our Big Lots has quinoa. Not sure of the price or if it’s red but it’s Bob’s Red Mill I think. If you have a Big Lots check there and see.