I knew that today would be a BUSY day, so I planned accordingly. Easy “breakfast dinner.” I try to incorporate breakfast for dinner at least 2 or 3 times a month. Helps keep the cost down and brings a little more variety to the table. (Pun intended.) Plus, I was in no position to be whipping up a fancy meal after today’s media frenzy!!!
(Again…no photo. I know these are an integral part of my posts. Camera battery is charging and the camera will be back in action tomorrow!)
Potato and Egg Breakfast Tacos
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 12 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 3-4 small potatoes ($.50) On sale this week $3/10 lbs
- 1 Tbsp oil ($.05)
- 8 eggs ($1.09)
- 6-8 flour tortillas ($.99) Use corn if gluten free (GF)
- 2 apples or small pieces of fruit ($.50)
- Garnish: Salsa or shredded cheese ($.50-$1)
- Peel and dice potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In small skillet, add oil and then diced potatoes. Set to medium and cook for about 8 minutes. Cover and stir 1 or 2 times while cooking. Season with salt, pepper and favorite “all purpose” seasoning.
- In bowl, whisk eggs with salt and pepper. When potatoes have browned and softened, add eggs to the skillet. Scramble the eggs with the potatoes.
- Once eggs have cooked, spoon into tortillas. Place in warm oven until ready to serve.
- Slice or dice apples or other favorite fruit.
- Serve Potato and Egg Breakfast Tacos with Fresh Fruit. Garnish tacos with shredded cheese or salsa.