I knew that today would be a BUSY day, so I planned accordingly. Easy “breakfast dinner.” I try to incorporate breakfast for dinner at least 2 or 3 times a month. Helps keep the cost down and brings a little more variety to the table.
(Pun intended.) Plus, I was in no position to be whipping up a fancy meal after today’s media frenzy!!!
- 3-4 small white potatoes
- 1 small bell pepper chopped, optional
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 8 large eggs
- 8 flour tortillas
- salsa or shredded cheese garnish
- fruit side dish
- Peel and dice potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In small skillet, add oil and then diced potatoes. Set to medium and cook for about 8 minutes. Cover and stir 1 or 2 times while cooking. If needed, add 1/4 cup of water to keep potatoes from sticking. Season with salt, pepper and favorite "all purpose" seasoning. (Saute bell peppers with potatoes, if including them.)
- In bowl, whisk eggs with salt and pepper. When potatoes have browned and softened, add eggs to the skillet. Scramble the eggs with the potatoes.
- Once eggs have cooked, spoon into tortillas. Place in warm oven until ready to serve. Garnish tacos with shredded cheese or salsa.
- Prepare fresh fruit, for side dish.
- Serve Potato and Egg Breakfast Tacos with fruit.