You now have a reason to always have some bacon cooked and ready to crumble 😉
I prefer to bake bacon in batches, and yes…I freeze it after it’s been baked. (Pat/drain it well and let it cool completely before freezing.)
My all time favorite bacon is the Zaycon bacon. It’s the perfect thickness, bakes beautifully and has just the right about of saltiness. If you’ve never ordered bacon from them, I highly recommend. Keep it raw in your freezer, then bake it in large batches and use it for whatever meals you have planned for the week…like these omelets, made in coffee mugs.
Genius, I know.
This loaded potato is my favorite – because it’s loaded…with flavor and it will hold well you until lunch!
Mix it all up, microwave for a few minutes, then dig that fork right on into the mug. (Great for breakfasting on your commute!)
You can make these in so many ways – just egg and sausage and cheese. Just eggs and bacon. Just potato and eggs. Possibilities are almost endless.
Let me know what you try and how you like this omelet in a mug concept!!! <3
Loaded Potato Breakfast Omelet in a Mug
Yield – 1 servings
Preparation Time – 3 minutes
Cooking Time – 3 minutes
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup cooked hash browns
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 pieces cooked bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoons chives, diced
- Sour cream, optional garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray the inside of a large coffee mug with a non stick cooking spray or grease with butter.
- Pour your eggs and milk into your mug, season with salt and pepper and whisk with a fork until combined.
- Mix in cooked hash browns, cheese, cooked bacon, and chives.
- Microwave on high for about 2-3 minutes or until your eggs are cooked thoroughly.
- Sprinkle a little more cheese on top and a dollop of sour cream.
- Serve Loaded Potato Omelette Mug as an easy breakfast!