I cannot believe that it is already that time again! My oldest will be going to second grade with my two littles starting preschool. Time to pack my freezer with lunch items to make those rushed mornings easier.
Here are some of the best school lunch friendly freezer food ideas from around the web:
- Erin’s Pizza Bread. This looks amazing!
- Erin’s No Sugar Freezer Jam. Great for all those pb&j sandwiches!
- How to freeze peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
- Chocolate Cranberry Granola Bars
- Tuna sandwiches
- Gluten Free No Bake Energy Bites
- Ham pinwheels
- Frozen Fruit Cups
- Ham and Cheese Pockets
Other freezer friendly items for the lunch box:
- Muffins and other quick breads
- Smoothies. A great way to get extra fruit and veggie servings in. I even add flax seed to mine.
- Soups. Freeze in individual containers. Microwave and put in thermos before school.
- Freeze individual pizza crusts. Pack with toppings like the Lunchable version.
- Lunchmeat sandwiches. Just make sure to leave off any veggies or condiments!
What are your favorite foods to freeze for lunches?
This recipe is featured on SouthernPlate.com’s Meal Plan Monday #24.