Antioxident Pomegranate Smoothie
1 large pomegranate, deseeded
1 medium banana
6-8 pieces frozen mango (Mango is not in season at the moment, so I would recommend frozen!)
3-4 pieces fresh or frozen strawberries
1/2 – 1 cup rice milk
2. Blend all ingredients until smooth. Add more rice milk to desired consistency.
Here are some photos of my smoothie making effort this morning! Anyone know how to get rid of the seeds in the smoothie??? I thought they would get blended, but they didn’t. My smoothie was too thick to strain. Any ideas would be helpful!?!
Note: Super juicy and messy…don’t wear your favorite white blouse while doing this! It will turn pink!
I am entering this recipe into a contest hosted by POM Wonderful Pomegranate. If you have a favorite dish, beverage or dessert that uses pomegranates, be sure to enter your recipe here
“Pomegranate juice is one of nature’s most powerful antioxidents. Sip for sup, POM Wonderul 100% pomegranate juice has more polyphenol antioxidents than red wine, green tea and other juices. For antioxident health benefits, sip wisely. Drink 8 oz. a day.” -From POM Wonderful
I gotta get these coupons into the hands of one lucky winner soon! They expire on December 31, 2008! This contest will only run for 24 hours, starting at 8 am on Thursday morning November 6th, ending Friday morning at 8 am!
The folks at POM sent me 5 coupons for FREE POM Wonderful Drink and 5 coupons for a FREE POM Tea (both 16 oz. sizes). That’s 10 free drinks! Full of powerful antioxidents and nutrients!
1. Leave a comment below telling me if you’ve ever had anything with pomegranate. If so, what?!? If you do not have a blog, please leave your email address so I can contact you if you win! Any comment without an email or blogger username will be deleted! PLEASE LEAVE YOUR EMAIL if you don’t have a blog or are leaving an anonymous comment.
2. Comments for this giveaway will close at 8 am on Friday, November 7th.
3. Winning Comment number will be selected by Random.org
4. I will post the winner no later than 9 am on November 7th. Winner will be contacted and will have 24 hours to claim their prize. If not claimed, another number will be selected.