I <3 egg salad. I really, really <3 egg salad. (I wish that I could include a cute little puffy, pounding heart…because I really like and love egg salad.) If I’m not having a green salad for lunch, chances are I’m having egg salad, on a sandwich or with pita chips.
Well, I recently gave my typical egg salad a makeover by including some horseradish and green onions. It was a “Zest-ify Makeover,” if you will. I really love the extra flavor and spicy pop from the horseradish…DE-lish!
(Also, this is definitely a “to taste” kinda recipe…so depending on how creamy and zesty you want your egg salad, add mayo and horseradish to your liking.)
Give it a whirl next time you’re making egg salad!!!
Zesty Egg Salad
- 8 eggs, hard boiled and chilled
- 3-4 tbsp mayo (or more if you want it creamier)
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 1 tbsp horseradish sauce (or more if you want it zestier)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pita chips, for serving
- Chop up the hard boiled eggs with a pastry blender, or forks in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the mayo, mustard and horseradish sauce until creamy. Gently stir in the chopped green onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve Zesty Egg Salad on pita chips.
- Side dish suggestions: favorite fresh fruit, baby carrots, cucumber slices, or other favorite veggie.
jackie Brown says
Erin, I chuckled when I read this post because my family of six loves eggs too. In fact, so much, I’ve perfected peeling the boiled egg with virtually any effort by adding baking soda, lots of ice, patience and playing bumper cars till the shells fall off. You may know these tips, but I thought I’d share since you heart eggs, also: http://momonamission.me/worlds-easiest-boiled-eggs/
Radishes make a good zesty addition too.