Smoothies have become my go-to afternoon snack, ever since I made the ‘make ahead smoothie packs’ for the 85 Breakfasts & Snacks for $140 meal plan. (Definitely check it out, if you haven’t yet! It’s a huge time, money and sanity saver!)
This smoothie is smooth-nomenal. As in “smoothie-phenomenal.” I’m not sure if it’s the peach in the smoothie. Or the clementine. Or the pineapple, or the combo of all three…but this smoothie definitely lives up to it’s ‘tropical’ name. I give you the recipe…
Tropical Green Smoothie
Yield – 2 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 1 clementine, peeled and frozen
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- handful of tender baby greens (chard, kale, and spinach)
- 1 peach, pit removed (½ cup peach slices if using frozen)
- 1/4 cup pineapple chunks with juice (delicious if frozen beforehand)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Add all ingredients to the NutriNinja or other blender.
- Cover ingredients with water.
- Pulse 3 times or until ingredients are completely blended.