With plenty of opportunities for luncheons and brunches coming up, don’t overlook the chance to make an easy quiche. It’s also a simple and frugal, last-minute supper to pull together. Especially if you already have store-bought, frozen pie shells on hand.
The secret to its good taste is the pepper jack cheese. Plus, it’s my grandmother’s recipe, so you know it’s extra special.
Cheesy Spinach Quiche
- 1 Frozen pie shell or make your own
- 1 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach
- 8 oz Monterrey Jack (1/2 Pepper Jack) Cheese (also tastes great with a mix of cheddar and mozzarella
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped ham, bacon or turkey bacon (still tastes great without this!)
- Cook spinach according to package microwave directions. (Fresh spinach? Even better. Just use the Cook Fresh Vegetables setting on your microwave).
- Drain and squash out all excess water from spinach.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into a pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.