With plenty of opportunities for luncheons and brunches coming up, don’t overlook the chance to make an easy quiche. Itâ€™s also a simple and frugal, last-minute supper to pull together. Especially if you already have store-bought, frozen pie shells on hand.
The secret to its good taste is the pepper jack cheese. Plus, it’s my grandmother’s recipe, so you know it’s extra special.
Tricia's Cheesy Spinach Quiche
- Frozen pie shell (or make your own with Erin's recipe)
- One (1) 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach
- 8 oz. Monterrey Jack (1/2 Pepper Jack) Cheese (also tastes great with a mix of cheddar and mozzarella)
- Two (2) eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped ham, bacon or turkey bacon (still tastes great without this!)
- Cook spinach according to package microwave directions. (Fresh spinach? Even better. Just use the Cook Fresh Vegetables setting on your microwave).
- Drain and squash out all excess water from spinach.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into a pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.