First, head on over to see what GFCF mom has to say about processed foods vs. homemade foods! This especially applies to young children, but we can ALL benefit from a whole and raw food diet. That is my goal: to serve delicious and wholesome meals for under $5!
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pork Broth or water
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Homemade Buns
- Roast sweet potatoes in baking dish with 1/4 water and covered with foil at 350F for an hour. Remove from oven, let cool and peel off skins. I did this last night while baking the oven fries.
- Chop onion, celery and thinly slice apple. Place all into a slow cooker with sweet potatoes, pork broth and water. I used 4 cups of liquid. Cook on low 8-10 hours. When done, puree with immersion hand blender.
- Before dinner, drizzle EVOO over asparagus, let soak for 30 minutes. Saute 3-5 minutes until turn bright green and are still slightly crisp. Serve with warm sweet potato soup and homemade bread machine rolls!