Our family is currently obsessing over these “oatmeal cookies.” I love how easy they are to put together. And they turn out so perfectly. They kinda remind me of drop biscuits in the way that you drop the dough on and they stay nice and rounded and ‘fluffy.’ But they are sweet enough to be cookies. (And Strawberry Oatmeal Drop Biscuits doesn’t quite convey the right amount of delicious and sweet!)
So…Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies.
The bomb…try them. Soon!!!
Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies
Fluffly and delicious
Servings - 12 cookies
- 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the oatmeal, flour and baking powder. Add in the softened butter, egg, vanilla and honey, mixing well.
- Slowly fold in the diced strawberries.
- Use a medium size cookie scoop to place the dough about 2" a part on a baking sheet.
- Bake 14-16 minutes until cookies are done.
- Serve Strawberry Oatmeal cookies for a delicious afternoon snack!
These look so good and I love that you used honey in them! Can’t wait to try them, I bet they’d be great with different mix ins, too.
Amanda Laberge says
Omg! Erin!!!! These are a HUGE HIT!! I didn’t think they wouldn’t be sweet enough but the honey is soooo good! I was eating the batter as I was making them. My kitchen smells amazing! These are a new staple!