I think it’s become my duty to help you all see that radishes are for more than just salads and salad mixes. Up until last summer I too had only had radishes on or mixed into salad. I had never really noticed them, but I’m so glad that I’ve discovered that there is much more to radishes than just salads.
Last year for Grow. Eat. $ave., I made a braised chicken with spring vegetables…and I pan roasted some radishes in butter too. Boy, oh boy…delish-ious-ness.
For this year’s GES post, I thought an appetizer were in order…perfect for any summer luncheon or potluck. And boy, oh boy…more delish-ious-ness!
Radish and Cucumber Bites
- 16 crackers or thinly sliced bread
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 bunch radishes, stem and top removed and sliced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper each
- dried or fresh dill garnish
- Place the crackers/bread out on a serving tray.
- Place the sliced cucumber, then radish onto each cracker.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir the sour cream with the seasonings.
- Drop a dollop of the sour cream onto each of the radish and cucumber bites.
- Sprinkle each with a little dill garnish.
- Serve Radish and Cucumber Bites.
[email protected] Balance Sheet says
I like the addition of a cucumber. I use cream cheese in my radish appetizer and herbs from my garden. So good.
Radish pickles are quite nice
Wendy (The Local Cook) says
Those look so adorable!
Melissa @ Stockpiling Moms says
I am swimming in them 🙂