I think it’s become my duty to help you all see that radishes are for more than just salads and salad mixes. Up until last summer I too had only had radishes on or mixed into salad. I had never really noticed them, but I’m so glad that I’ve discovered that there is much more to radishes than just salads.
Last year for Grow. Eat. $ave., I made a braised chicken with spring vegetables…and I pan roasted some radishes in butter too.Â Boy, oh boy…delish-ious-ness.
For this year’s GES post, I thought an appetizer were in order…perfect for any summer luncheon or potluck. And boy, oh boy…more delish-ious-ness!
- Crackers, or thinly sliced bread
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 bunch radishes, stem and top removed and sliced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, each
- Dried or fresh dill for garnish
- Place the crackers/bread out on a serving tray.
- Place the sliced cucumber, then radish onto each cracker.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir the sour cream with the seasonings.
- Drop a dollop of the sour cream onto each of the radish and cucumber bites.
- Sprinkle each with a little dill garnish.
- Serve Radish and Cucumber Bites.
What about you?Â What has been your experience with radishes?Â How do you like them?Â Link up a recipe or leave a link in the comments!