The Cinnamon Chips in These Pumpkin Blondies Really Take Them to Level of PERFECT
I’m conflicted on what to call these. Here’s why…
They are like brownies (because they are gooey-yet-cakey)…
But really, they are more like blondies (because they have no chocolate or cocoa to give them a darker color)…
But then, why not “orangies” (because they really show off the orange pumpkin puree color)…
Brownie – Orangie – Blondie – I don’t really care what you call it, I just want you to make them!!
I mean, just look at them…
Also, please note important step in making them.
The pumpkin spice is not over powering – the cinnamon sweetness is the perfect complement to the pumpkin based blondies.
When baking with pumpkin, you have to “work against” the density of the pumpkin puree. Most single batches call for a 1/2 cans worth of pumpkin puree.
I’ve blended pancake batter to help aerate it and work to make the pumpkin a little fluffier and less dense.
I went the same concept for these blondies.
Also, tap here for the homemade pumpkin pie spice recipe!
Whether you are using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, I would highly recommend using the whisk attachment and/or whisking really well in the first step – the goal is to aerate and “fluff-ify” that dense pumpkin puree.
VIDEO: How to Make Pumpkin Blondies with Cinnamon Chips
With that, here’s the recipe – enjoy!
- 1 stick butter softened
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sguar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice mix see homemade recipe in notes below
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease an 8x8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, whisk together the softened butter, pumpkin puree, and brown sugar until smooth. Add in the vanilla and eggs and mix again.
- Add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt. Mix until dough forms. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, if needed, until all ingredients are incorporated into the dough. Fold in the cinnamon chips.
- Spread the dough evenly into the prepared baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out in the middle clean.
- Let cool slightly or to room temperature before cutting to serve.