ADORE this chicken. It’s just the right pop of flavor and cheesiness!
There are 2 ways to make this chicken…
The first is to make a wide slit into a thicker boneless, skinless chicken breast piece, then add the pesto and cheese.
The second is to split the chicken breast piece in half, lightly pound it flat and then wrap the chicken around the pesto and cheese. You might need to use toothpicks or strings to hold the chicken together.
Either way, you bake it until it’s cooked through and the cheese and pesto have turned ooey-gooey!
Cut up the chicken and get some pesto-cheesy goodness into each bite. Enjoy!
More about Pesto!!!
Pesto Stuffed Chicken
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 35 minutes
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 7 oz. container pesto
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Side: loaf bread
- Side: salad
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Slit each of the chicken breasts at their widest section, creating a pocket. Spread the pesto onto both sides of the split open chicken breasts, then add pinchful of shredded mozzarella cheese to each. Fold closed.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and the brown both sides of the chicken. Transfer the seared chicken to baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on thickness of the chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the salad. Warm the bread.
- Serve Pesto Stuffed Chicken with salad and bread.
- Get the Freezer Friendly Instructions here!