Oh pesto. Pesto, pesto, pesto.
Pesto just tastes like summer, doesn’t it?!
I don’t make pesto too often because pine nuts are expensive and I can’t always get them into my budget…but I found some on sale this week and made my own pesto!
Because, enjoying pesto-laced pasta is like taking a bite out of summer.
I’ve written the recipe below with store bought pesto, but if you’d like to make homemade, this is my favorite homemade pesto recipe 🙂
Buon Appetito as you enjoy this Italian taste of summer!
Pesto Orzo with Tomatoes
- 8 oz. orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pesto (make your own pesto here!)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain. Do not rinse.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the pasta, olive oil, pesto, and tomatoes.
- Serve Pesto Orzo with Tomatoes hot or cold. To serve cold, chill at least 4 hours.