One of my favorite parts of summer…all of the amazing fresh produce and fun salads that you can “build.”
I think of salads as being “built.”
There’s the lettuce base.
There’s something crunchy.
There’s something sweet-ish.
There’s something tangy.
There’s something creamy.
There’s the dressing.
Sometimes there’s the protein.
In this case, we’re focused on the sweet, crunch and tang. It’s missing the protein part (almonds don’t count as their really isn’t enough for full protein serving), but I’d add some chilled, grilled chicken strips for the perfect complement.
Sweet – ripe peaches.
Crunch – slivered or sliced almonds.
Tang – blue cheese & balsamic vinaigrette.
And just like that…you have the makings of the perfect salad.
Check our my “Mason Jar Salad Formula” here. This is the best way to do “make-ahead salads!”
Peach, Almond & Blue Cheese Salad
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 1 lb. box spring salad mix
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the spring mix with the sliced peaches, almonds and crumbled blue cheese. Toss with balsamic vinaigrette, to taste.
- Serve Peach, Almond & Blue Cheese Salad for light summer dinner, or side dish.